Looking for a new job? January is the busiest month for recruitment.
New year, new you, new job? A new study has shown that January is the busiest month when it comes to recruitment. The busiest days for recruitment websites are anticipated to be the 3rd & 4th of January, when most businesses are back in the office after the festive period.
Why do so many people look for new jobs in January?
People are always looking for the ‘next best thing’ when it comes to their career. But why do so many people wait until January to look for a new job?
- New Year = New Challenges. Maybe it’s just the right time for a new path!
- Post holiday ‘back to work dread’. If you can see going back to work far enough, it might be time to find a job you actually enjoy going to…
- More businesses post their vacancies in January than at any other time of the year. Pickings aren’t usually as slim as they normally are!
- Those who were in temporary Christmas roles are on the hunt for a new job.
- Many university students graduate in either summer or November. Those who graduated in November will likely still be on the hunt for a job.
Are there any downsides to looking for a new job in January?
Looking for a new job at the beginning of the year is a good idea, but it does have its downsides too. If you’ve been applying directly to companies, you’ll no doubt have received copious amounts of out of office emails in response. Applying for jobs in January means that employers might take longer to get back to you about your application, because they’ll be getting back into the swing of things after the new year.
Applying for a new role this year?
If you’ve decided that 2019 is the year of the new job, good for you! There is nothing like a new challenge to kick off a new year! If you’re thinking about applying for new jobs, be sure to check our other blog posts all about application tips. Like we said, January is the busiest month when it comes to new jobs. You’ll need to make your CV stand out from the rest. We’ve written about how to make your CV Stand Out & Appeal to Employers, how to dress for interviews and what questions you should ask potential future employers at interviews.
If you’re a dental professional and you want a career change for 2019, why not browse the vacancies on our website? It only takes a few moments to apply and you can track all of your applications easily! We don’t spam you with annoying emails either!